Here is a great little 100 Franc banknote from Belgium featuring the portrait of Hendrik Beyaert the architect.
The note itself is in a grade of Extra Fine. It has no holes, tears, soiling or rips. The edges are straight and the corners square.
The colours are pretty good as well for an older banknote.
The pictures form part of the description so please take the time to study them carefully.
1978 Belgium 100 Francs Banknote
Obverse: Effigy of architect Hendrik Beyaert (1823-1894) wearing spectacles.
Reverse: Architectural decorative wrought iron fencing with arches. Three-dimensional geometric multi-faceted design.
Watermark: King Baudouin I.
Signatures: Pol Dasin (De Schatbewaarder); Cecil de Strijcker (De Gouverneur)
Issuer: Treasury of Belgium.
Date: 15 April 1978
Dimensions: 140 x 75 mm.
Catalogue: Pick 140a
Hendrik Beyaert (Dutch) or Henri Beyaert (French) was a Belgian architect.
He was born in Kortrijk, Belgium on 29 July 1823 and died in Brussels 22 January 1894. He is considered one of the most important Belgian architects of the 19th-century.
Hendrik Beyaert was of very humble descent. For this reason he had to earn his living from a very young age onwards. Initially he and his family couldn’t afford to finance higher studies. At age 19, Hendrik Beyaert worked as a bank employee at the National Bank of Belgium’s office in Kortrijk. He found his profession not very indulging and decided to quit the bank. As he had always been fascinated by architecture he found a post as an apprentice stonemason on the building site of the new railway station of Tournai, a building that would be replaced decades later by a design of Hendrik Beyeart himself.
Architectural private commissions:
Mansion – Brussels, avenue des Arts, 26 (1851)
Mansions – Brussels, chaussée de Charleroi, 5-7-9 (1858–1860)
Castle of Faulx-les-Tombes (Château de Faulx-les-Tombes) (1865–1868, renovations and extensions)
Salles du Concert Noble – Brussels, rue d’Arlon, 82 (1870)
Maison des Chats / Kattenhuis – Brussels, boulevard Adolphe Max, 1 (1874)
Castle of Wespelaer (1881–1883) (demolished)
Maison Kegeljan-Godin, Namur, (1880)
Castle of Bornem or “Château Marnix de Sainte-Aldegonde”, Bornem (1883–1894, renovations and extensions)
*All biographical details are taken from Wikipedia for education purposes only.